November in Pictures
A central theme across social media this past month was to give thanks every day of November. I had many friends and acquaintances post on facebook, twitter, their blog and/or instagram each day about a part of their life (big or small) that they were grateful for. I’m not dedicated enough to have posted every day, but since this week’s WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge theme is “Thankful”, I thought I’d take this opportunity to incorporate the things I am thankful for with a recap of November via instagram pictures:
1. Sunday, November 4th – Taken at the Giants vs. Steelers game tailgate, with one of my best friends since age 8.
*I am thankful for sunny days spent outdoors, even as the weather turns colder. I am thankful for lifelong friendships and playful rivalries.
2. Friday, November 9th – Taken at a dear friend’s family’s cabin, early in the morning. I have a wonderful group of friends who continue to make time for each other, and we have a fabulous host who brings us to this serene location at least twice a year for long weekends.
*I am thankful for upstate retreats and catching up with college friends. I am thankful for a few days a year when I can pretend, and act, like I’m still 21. I am thankful for peaceful mornings and the nostalgia that an image can create from years and years of wonderful weekends.
3. Saturday, November 10th – Also taken at the cabin: my fabulous bloody mary, with a slice of bacon.
*I am thankful for “make-you-own” bloody mary bars, and bacon.
4. Monday, November 12th – Taken at home with my family the night after we got our power back following Hurricane Sandy. My step mom made this fabulous cake and it was made even more delicious while we celebrated heat and the ability to use the oven.
*I am thankful that my family stayed safe during Sandy and that there was no damage to our home. Although two (freezing cold) weeks without power were difficult, I send my prayers to those who do not have homes to go back.
5. Friday, November 16th – Taken along the waterfront in my town on Long Island at sunset.
*I am thankful that I live near the water and get to enjoy beautiful images – such as sailboats along the horizon during sunset – every day. I am thankful for God and nature and all the elements of the universe that I will never understand that work together to create a sky such as this.
6. Sunday, November 18th – Taken in my living room of my dog (the princess) sleeping on her fort of pillows.
*I am thankful for the privilege of being a dog owner and taking care of the sweetest girl in a world that judges her based on her breed first. I am thankful for how much I have learned about myself and my spouse, and how our relationship has grown, since we decided to raise a pet together.
7. Sunday, November 18th – Taken in our kitchen as Josh creates the “ultimate” pulled pork sandwich.
*I am thankful for great recipes that are easy to make and that can satisfy a hungry man. I am thankful for dinners at home together, and amaaazing cookware wedding gifts (yes, that’s a Le Creuset dutch oven!)
8. Thursday, November 22nd – Taken in our Aunt Leslye and Uncle Richard’s home Thanksgiving day as three different generations of men carve the turkey.
*I am thankful for tradition, for family, and for love.
9. Friday, November 23rd – Taken at a local sushi place in town during a lunch & movie date on Friday when we had the same day off.
*I am thankful for the small things that bring great joy, such as seeing a movie in a theater and eating in a restaurant. I am thankful that I get to wake up and look at that face every day for the rest of my life.
I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends, and wish you so much happiness during the coming holiday season. I am VERY thankful for my readers, who took me to over 60,000 hits this month! xo